Top Wedding Questions: Proper wedding attire for a 5pm wedding - Wedding Guest Attire Etiquette - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Proper wedding attire for a 5pm wedding

Array

#1 User is offline   jcora 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
I was invited to a 5pm wedding ceremony held at a chapel. The reception is being held at a very nice hotel. I have read that your attire should go by the invitations style. I have a few choices but am a little indecisive. My friend is a laid back person who loves color, but I fear that her wedding will be slightly formal. My first option is to wear a cute red-violet halter style dress with a few sequins and my second option is a pair of tan tweed flair trousers that have a hint of dark brown and pink with a cute pink silk tank and a dark pink tailored tweed jacket. I like them both but am leaning towards the trouser set. What do you think would be appropriate? I need help

#2 Guest_expertplanner_*

• Group: Guest users
Dear Jcora:

It sounds like this event is formal. The selections you have sound nice but I wouldn't recommend you wear either option. My suggestion is that to be safe you should wear something more in line with a 5:00 p.m. and after formal affair. I'm not comfortable recommending the flair tweed pants w/tank and jacket or red/violet halter dress to fit that bill.

Try looking for a nice black, blue, violet or mocha/brown dress with sequins. A wrap or light jacket to accent the dress is a nice touch. Or, you could get a suit in any of the aforementioned colors and dress it up with a sequined colored tank or shell. Add a pair of matching sparking sling back shoes with a complementing metallic clutch purse (for any of the options) and you are definitely ready for a 5:00 p.m./formal affair.

You don't have to spend a lot. I've helped find attire like this in places such as Marshal's and TJMaxx with great success. My favorite secret place for sequined or sparkling tanks and metallic purses is Target.

I hope this helps you.

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users