Top Wedding Questions: Step-father / daughter dance - Wedding Music - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Step-father / daughter dance

Array

#1 User is offline   ccolton 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
I am having a hard time finding a song appropriate for my step-father and I to dance to. My real father will be walking me down the isle and we will have a father/daughter dance, however, I want to do something special for my step-father. He has been around since I was about 6 years old but we are not as close as my father and I are. I guess what I am asking is, are there any songs out there directed more towards a step-father who you are not extremely close to but appreciate everything he has done for you? Also, if you have any other ideas of ways to include a step-parent in the ceremony/reception... that would be very helpful.

Thanks!!!

#2 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 8,033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
This is tough since the lyrics of a song can be so personal but you can check out this CD:

Yours, Mine and Ours - Wedding Music for Stepfamilies

There is a song by Brad Paisley that is sort of good for stepfathers except it's a young man singing. It's called "He Didn't Have to Be" and it's off his Who Needs Pictures album. You can listen to a clip of it by clicking that link above. It's a good CD anyway, even if the song isn't exactly right for you!
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, Inc®, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

#3 User is offline   MusiConcepts 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 44
What you describe is a very delicate situation. Weddingmusiccentral.com has a song written especially for a stepfather called "When I Needed You Most" but it is more for a stepfather who is very close. You might consider a song by Ronnie Milsap called "What a Difference You've Made in My Life" which would acknowledge how you feel about him, but not suggest in any way that he has taken your fathers place.
Barbara & Gloria of Wedding Music Central
http://www.weddingmu...index.php?ref=4

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users