Top Wedding Questions: Second Marriage/Reception Etiquette - Wedding Planning for Second Marriages - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Second Marriage/Reception Etiquette

Array

#1 User is offline   evadnmik 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
Thanks so much for such a helpful website! My fiance and I are getting married in a month privately in Florida. I had a rather large wedding over 15 years ago and the marriage lasted 6 months. I was young and it was a mistake. My fiance was married about eleven years ago and it lasted 5 years. Is it okay to have a large reception (100 people)? Do you still register at department stores for your second wedding? Is it proper to put your wedding web site on the invitations that has a link to where you're registered? (It also has all our information, photographs etc) The same family members who came to my first wedding will be invited to my second reception, do you have any suggestions to make it go smoothly? What does the bride wear to her second wedding reception when the actual wedding was 3 weeks prior? Would it be appropriate to wear my wedding dress even though it's not the wedding day? It is white with a train. Do you have any books that offer ideas for second receptions? I really want my family to celebrate this special day with us but am not sure what reaction to expect. My mother was a little worried that a second wedding should be very private. I'm sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I do the right thing and don't offend anyone. Thank you so much and have a great day!

#2 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 8,033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
Most of what you are asking is answered at Getting Remarried.

If you have any questions that are not answered at that site then please come back and ask your questions on the board but when you do, please seperate your questions and list them in the forum topic where the question fits so an expert can respond.

At the bottom of this forum there is a search area. Type your subject in for example type "wedding gift registry on an invitation" and the posts that have already answered this will come up.

Thank you.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, Inc®, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users