Top Wedding Questions: What to do with the M line on wedding rsvp - Wedding Invitation Etiquette - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

What to do with the M line on wedding rsvp

Array

#1 User is offline   Wtg1 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 3
I've received a wedding invitation with a response card. What does the "M" on the response card stand for? What is the proper way to fill the blank next line next to the "M"? Do I write "Mr. & Mrs. LastName" or just "LastName" or, since the M is already there, "r. & Mrs. LastName"?

#2 User is offline   Nancy Tucker 

• President, Coordinators' Corner
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Guest users
  • posts 1,555
  • Interests:Anything related to the wedding industry and my family. In my free time I love mysteries and my Kindle.
The M_____________ is a space for the invitee's name as well as others invited.
Nancy Tucker

#3 User is offline   Wtg1 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 3
Thank you kindly for responding, however, my original question remains. Exactly how is the line next to the M correctly filled? Assume for example a husband and wife are replying to the RSVP. Is the preprinted "M" used so that one writes "r. and Mrs. XYZ" or does one rewrite the M by writing "Mr. and Mrs. XYZ"? I have always wondered the correct way to do this. Thank you.

#4 User is offline   Nancy Tucker 

• President, Coordinators' Corner
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Guest users
  • posts 1,555
  • Interests:Anything related to the wedding industry and my family. In my free time I love mysteries and my Kindle.
Yes, you write r. next to the M and then Mrs.
Nancy Tucker

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users