Top Wedding Questions: Wedding Songs for Walk Down the Aisle - Wedding Music - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Wedding Songs for Walk Down the Aisle

Array

#1 User is offline   Wnderwmen 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
What other songs are available besides "Here comes the Bride" when walking down the aisle ?

#2 User is offline   goldstar_vw 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • posts 4
I am by no means an "expert" and I'm sure that one of the friendly folks here will have a website or two that you can check out (there are many out there, just do a search on the web, some sites even let you listen) but as a classical musician, I can tell you that there are many, many pieces to which you can walk down the aisle. If you are getting married in a church, simply ask for a meeting with the organist and they will be more than happy to sit down with you, and play for you some different pieces for you to choose from. Organists have a huge repetoire from the traditional such as Her Comes The Bride, Pachebel's Canon or Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, to hymns or even more contemporary works. Again, if you are hiring a string quartet or a singer etc., don't be afraid to talk to them and have them suggest appropriate music that you will be happy with. I think you can also buy CDs of wedding music. You can buy one and see if there is anything on it that you like. (As an aside, I am getting married next summer in a small old church that isn't used anymore, therefore, no organ. My brother is a singer and I am going to ask him to simply sing a favourite hymn of mine as I walk down the aisle.) Good luck!

#3 User is offline   MusiConcepts 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 44
You're in luck! If you're looking for something different, yet moving and elegant there's an instrumental recording of "Con Te Partiro", the Italian song originally sung by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman. This instrumental has been used for some celebrity weddings in LA and is available on the Set Your Wedding To Music CD.

There is another CD For Your Wedding Ceremony that has more contemporary arrangements of all the traditional pieces used for processionals. There is a version of "Ave Maria" with angel voices that is truly magical. I have even heard of some brides using a vocal of a love song that has some special meaning to them like "Until I Was Loved by You" which was used as the brides processional for a wedding on TV and won the Emmy that year. Hope that helps!
Barbara & Gloria of Wedding Music Central
http://www.weddingmu...index.php?ref=4

#4 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 8,033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
Check out Top Wedding Ceremony Songs where you can listen to samples and see videos of the songs by the artist. Some have lyrics too. There are a few there listed uner "The Processional" which you might find elpful. May couples are choosing to be nontraditional when it comes to the bride's entrance music. Just make sure it's not so crazy that you'll regret it when looking back on your wedding video in years to come. ;)
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, Inc®, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users