Top Wedding Questions: Headband vs Tiara vs combs vs pin Help - Wedding Veils and Headpiece - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Headband vs Tiara vs combs vs pin Help

Array

#1 User is offline   DBride 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 3
What is the difference between a headband and a tiara. I have been going around in circles looking at pics and they all seem the same to me.

This is my third marriage (fiance's second), but my first formal (gown, ceremony, reception) wedding as he wanted to have a formal one because I hadn't had one before. But we are still trying to keep it simple.

My colors are Ivory and burgundy. We are going to have a the ceremony and reception at a county club.

My dress is a Symphony gown that is a strapless with lace and pearls in ivory. What would be an appropriate hair accessory. All I know that I do not want a veil or crown or tiara.

Please help. Thanks [angelic]

#2 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 8033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
A tiara is very formal and usually glittery, used for evening weddings only. It stands up off the hair.

A headband sits a bit more flat to the head (just like a regular headband would) and can be made of fabric matching the wedding dress.

Hope this helps.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, IncŪ, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users