Top Wedding Questions: Engraving initials on groomsmen gifts - Men in the Bridal Party - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Engraving initials on groomsmen gifts

Array

#1 User is offline   sharks4life12 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 3
I'm going to be giving the traditional engraved item as a groomsmen gift. Do I have to use their name/initals on the item or can I engrave something different? My idea was having the bride and groom's initials, which is both R and have the Rolls Royce emblem engraved with the date of the ceremony..is this acceptable or should I use the grooms/groomsmen initials?

thanks

#2 User is offline   Etiquette Now 

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 10,742
Dear Sharks4life,

Honestly these are not as appropriate any more, because it appears as if it is really a gift for you. The gift should be for them without anything that has to do with you or your name (s) on it.

You could have their initials or names engraved on the items if you wish. This would be much more appropriate. At least you know they wouldn't re-gift it. [:)]

Best wishes,
Rebecca Black, Etiquette By Rebecca

#3 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 8,033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
Always think about receiving the gift yourself. Is this a gift you'd like to receive? Do you think it is something useful? Will you enjoy wearing it or will it sit in a box?

Personally, I'd prefer to receive something with my own initials on it or maybe with an inscription that says Love, Bride on it but not necessarily with the bride and grooms initials engraved on it.

You can read more about personalized groomsmen gifts here.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, Inc®, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

#4 User is offline   sharks4life12 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • posts 3
is there anywhere posted, some examples on what to engrave? i am not creative in anyway, and initials are sometimes, boring.id like to maybe put something else besides initials..any suggestions? or maybe something in the lines of " thanks for sharing our day...and the date? im not very creative at all....[unsure]

#5 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 8,033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
Wherever you buy the gifts ask them to help you with that.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, Inc®, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users