Top Wedding Questions: who buys wedding bands? - Wedding Bands Engagement Rings - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

who buys wedding bands?

Array

#1 User is offline   df 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 3
A couple of my fiance's friends, who are in the wedding, offered to buy us our wedding bands. They mean well and it's a very nice gesture. However, I kind of feel that the wedding band is something sacred that is supposed to be the most special thing that a husband and wife carry with them. I figured that it was the most meaningful gift that I would ever get from my wife. My fiance however just told me that the guy is actually supposed to buy both of the wedding bands. Is that how it's supposed to work? I'm confused. If I'm gonna buy my own wedding band, I might as well let her friends do it instead. Why would I want to buy myself a present? Am I weird about this? It has nothing to do with money, it just seems to lose some meaning if I buy myself a ring that my wife then places on my finger. Is that how it's supposed to work? I'm obviously very ignorant about these things.

#2 User is offline   WeddingVowRings 

• PipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 11
It is very simple and you should be assertive since it is your wedding and you will be wearing the rings. Tell your friends that you will be purchasing your own rings. They cannot be offended. We cannot imagine anybody offering to buy wedding rings as a gift unless they were going to simply supply you with cash. Good luck!

#3 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 8,033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
Typically, the bride and groom will shop for the rings and select them together.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, Inc®, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

#4 User is offline   df 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • posts 3
Thanks for the replies. These friends will just be supplying cash. My fiance and I have already decided what rings we want. So if we picked out the rings together, does it make it normal that they pay for them? It's not a money issue for me. I just want my ring to be something that reminds me of my wife, and only my wife, whenever I look at it.

#5 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 8,033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
I think if you feel this strongly about the rings you should tell your friends that, although you appreciate the sentiment, but that you have already purchased your rings. It's a little fib and in this case it's one of those times when a fib is acceptable.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, Inc®, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users