Top Wedding Questions: Alternatives to throwing rice, bird seed or confetti at the wedding - Wedding Themes and Decor - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Alternatives to throwing rice, bird seed or confetti at the wedding

Array

#1 User is offline   joyjoylynn 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 3
We are not allowed to use rice, bird seed or confetti as we are leaving the ceremony. I would like something really unique for the guests to throw or do as we leave the ceremony. I've seen bubbles, kazoos and streamers. Does anyone have any new ideas that they may have seen?

#2 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 8033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
There is an old notion that rice shouldn't be used because birds will try to eat it and choke on it. Not so, says the USA Rice Federation; rice typically thrown at weddings is harmless feed for birds and many migrating ducks/geese depend on winter-flooded rice fields to build strength for their return trip to northern nesting grounds.

Yet, still, many churches and wedding venues ask that rice not be thrown.

There are small wedding bells guests can ring and rose petals can be tossed. Also consider a butter fly or dove release or balloon release.

I've heard of sparklers being used, which could be cool for evening weddings in the summer.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, IncŪ, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

#3 User is offline   The Video Pros 

• Video Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 231
One of our clients used thin dowel rods wrapped in multicolored ribbons to match their colors and attached tiny bells to the end. The ribbons were then allowed to stream about a foot long so they could be waved as the couple passed by.

#4 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 8033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
I just read about a couple who were planning a green wedding and they gave out packets of flower seeds to toss. Sounds good but the seeds would have to be a large variety. Many types of flower seeds are too small to toss.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, IncŪ, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users