Top Wedding Questions: Duties of wedding host and hostess - Wedding Planning Advice - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Duties of wedding host and hostess

Array

#1 User is offline   Donutlady 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
Hi ~ I couldn't find the right category for my question. What are the specific duties of the host and hostess at a wedding? We have just been asked and want to do our job right and we're not sure what we are to do. Please explain in detail what is expected of us so we can do our job right for the bride and groom.

Thank you.

#2 User is offline   Etiquette Now 

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 10,742
Dear Donutlady,

This isn't a real duty or position, although I have heard of it being a term in some regions. I would ask the couple what they expect and decide if these duties suit you. You have the choice of what you wish to do and what you do not.

Best wishes,
Rebecca Black, Etiquette By Rebecca

#3 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 8,033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
Where I'm from, and in my social circle, the host is usually the person who pays and plans and does most of the work. So, I'd certainly discuss this with the couple. It's not a position that anyone should be asked to fill. Now, if you offered...?
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, Inc®, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users