Top Wedding Questions: Posting that brother paying for honeymoon on personal wedding website - Honeymoon Ideas - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Posting that brother paying for honeymoon on personal wedding website

Array

#1 User is offline   am2010 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 8
My fiance's brother is paying for our honeymoon accomodations. We are extremely grateful, since we are paying for the wedding ourselves and would not have had enough money to afford a honeymoon on our own. I am going to post our honeymoon destination on our wedding website soon, and I am considering adding a thank you to his brother. Is this appropriate, or should his generosity and our gratitude be kept only between the three of us?

#2 User is offline   Etiquette Now 

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 10742
Dear Am2010,

Very good question. Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

It might be best to ask your future brother in law if he minds. And if you post the thank you to him, the one thing you probably want to avoid is making it appear as if you expect others to give you similar generous gifts. So, the thank you should be very heartfelt and minimal.

Best wishes,
Rebecca Black, Etiquette By Rebecca

#3 User is offline   am2010 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 8
Thank you for your reply! My public "thank you" would certainly be minimal, but sincere, as I do not want others to feel badly, or as though they must help in the same type of way. We are just very appreciative of his generosity! If it turns out that he does not mind a public "thanks", do you have any suggestions for wording? (If I need to ask that question in a separate post, please let me know.) Thank you! :)

#4 User is offline   Etiquette Now 

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 10742
It is best to use your own wording. But, anything along the lines of "We will be honeymooning in XXX due to the incredible generosity of XXX. Thank you so very much XXX." Hopefully that won't make others feel obligated. But, it is truthful and honest. He is very generous.
Rebecca Black, Etiquette By Rebecca

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users