Top Wedding Questions: In-laws controlling rehearsal dinner plans - Rehearsal Dinner Etiquette - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

In-laws controlling rehearsal dinner plans

Array

#1 User is offline   wife2be 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 2
My in-laws are from out of town and had originally asked my fiance and I to find a venue for them to host the rehearsal dinner and they will take care of the arrangements.We picked a lounge. They switched the venue and tried to keep it a secret from us. When My fiance tried pleading that we wanted the dinner to be at the lounge his mother became angry and nasty and insulted our wedding plans, our friends and even her son! Are we out of line? Does etiquette dictate that the bride and groom are allowed no say in the rehearsal dinner? How should we handle this situation?

#2 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 8033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
Are you sure you want to post this much personal info on a public website. If yes, I'll forward the question on to the experts.

Also - please be sure to follow posting rules including using the spell check feature (I corrected all of the spelling and grammar issues for you this time) which makes it easier for our experts to answer quickly. Please respect their time by using the posting rules you ageed to when you registered.

Thank you.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, IncŪ, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

#3 User is offline   wife2be 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • posts 2
I edited it. hope it's ok.

#4 User is offline   Etiquette Now 

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 10742
When someone offers to host an event in your honor, they have control of it. A good host would ask your preferences. But, it is in their hands.

It may be best to host your own event as this point, as it appears the mother isn't happy about hosting what you want.
Rebecca Black, Etiquette By Rebecca

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users