Top Wedding Questions: Making our own wedding programs - Wedding Programs - Top Wedding Questions

Making our own wedding programs How do we do it? What stationery to use?

Array

#1 User is offline   PAMatt 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 8
Hello all,

Getting married in a couple months and we'd like to make our own wedding programs. No need to pay someone else to make it when we have a computer and printer. However, I imagine that the printed material would make a big difference (computer paper vs resume paper vs stationary, etc.) What type of paper would you recommend, and if possible, could you recommend a vendor or store to purchase? Is buying wedding themed stationary with a pre-designed border cheesy in today's day, or maybe just go with a simple border? I also assume that handing out a giant 8.5X11 sheet of paper with names on it would look stupid, but not really sure what shapes and sizes people use (haven't been to many weddings personally). Not really sure of the options, and definitely don't know the best.

Thanks for your help!

#2 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 8033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
Hello PAMatt -

I wrote an article about making your own wedding programs with free templates.

See if that helps you while you wait for our wedding planners to chime in.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, IncŪ, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

#3 User is offline   Etiquette Now 

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 10742
That is a very useful article! I would also suggest that the paper you use for your program should reflect the formality of your event. So, keep this in mind when choosing it.
Rebecca Black, Etiquette By Rebecca

#4 User is offline   PAMatt 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • posts 8
Thanks! I will be sure to pass along to the Bride-to-be.

#5 User is offline   Nancy Tucker 

• President, Coordinators' Corner
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Guest users
  • posts 1555
  • Interests:Anything related to the wedding industry and my family. In my free time I love mysteries and my Kindle.
The programs need not be too fancy but not your normal church program quality. There are many good grade papers available that will make a beautiful, classy program. Just keep within the formality of your other correspondence and of your wedding. Best wishes.
Nancy Tucker

Share this topic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users