Top Wedding Questions: Wedding invitation wording for both-divorced and both remarried parents of the Groom - Wedding Invitation Etiquette - Top Wedding Questions

Wedding invitation wording for both-divorced and both remarried parents of the Groom Invitation wording

Array

#1 User is offline   morganangelita 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
We are listing the Bride's still married parents as well as the Groom's divorced and re-married set of parents. When we say "Son of..." does the Mother and Step-Father's name come first? Or the Father and Step-Mother?

#2 User is offline   Nancy Tucker 

• President, Coordinators' Corner
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Guest users
  • posts 1555
  • Interests:Anything related to the wedding industry and my family. In my free time I love mysteries and my Kindle.
Yes, the mother and step father would come first. However, normally the mention on the invitations mean that they are involved in the hosting of the wedding; financially, etc.
Nancy Tucker

#3 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 8033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
These days, when more couples are hosting their own weddings, the mention of the parents doesn't mean they are paying. We seem to be getting away from that now.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, IncŪ, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

#4 User is offline   Etiquette Now 

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 10742
I agree. Great advice.
Rebecca Black, Etiquette By Rebecca

Share this topic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users