Top Wedding Questions: Do I have to wear a wedding veil? - Wedding Veils and Headpiece - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do I have to wear a wedding veil?

Array

#1 User is offline   sara jane 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
We are getting married on a boat by the ship's captain in August. I'm thinking I'm going to have a tea length dress. There will only be immediate family and a few friends (less than 40)

Do I have to wear a wedding veil?

If i was wearing a long gown, i would want a veil, but I'm not I'm not even sure i want one.

Is going to look bad or be unacceptable?

#2 User is offline   Etiquette Guy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 235
  • Interests:Food, writing, teaching, golf, gardening, travel, alternative healing, meditation.
Thanks for asking this good question. I advise not wearing a veil with a tea dress. I veil is not required for a traditional wedding dress for that matter, although veils are favored. I have seen a veil worn with a tea dress, but it is certainly not necessary. I hope this helps. Have a wonderful celebration!
Jay Remer, The Etiquette Guy, International Protocol and Corporate & Social Etiquette

#3 User is offline   Bridal Consultant 

• Professional Bridal Consultant
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 117
Yes, good question! I agree with the Etiquette Guy. Veils are not seen so much any more as brides opt for decorative hair combs, fascinators (thanks to Duchess Catherine), or headbands. With a tea-length dress, I think one of these options would be fine - even acceptable - or you could compromise with a birdcage veil. Ultimately, you do not have to have anything in your hair but whatever you choose, choose it because *you* want to.

Best Wishes! :-)

Darlene Taylor, PBC
TaylorMade Weddings
540-686-1406 (cell/text)
877-221-6008 (office/fax)

Get Your FREE Report: Top 5 Weddings Planning Mistakes That Will Cost You Thousands and How To Avoid Them

Connect with me here:

Email: darlene@taylormade-weddings.com
Web: www.taylormade-weddings.com
Social: www.facebook.com/TaylorWed
Blog: www.taylormade-weddings.com/perfectbeginnings

#4 User is offline   Weddings Unlimited 

• Master Bridal Consultant
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 113
  • Interests:Photography, theatre and flowers
It is your day and you can wear what you most feel comfortable as a head piece. If you think with your tea length or even long dress you may want to wear a veil, try the newest trend of a "bird cage" veil. Very small version and it is usually just covering the forehead and eyes. Almost like a small hat. Or a jeweled piece (maybe blue) of art for your hair is most eye-catching.
Joyce C Smith, MBC, President and owner of Weddings Unlimited, Inc. and Ohio State Coordinator for Association of Bridal Consultants

#5 User is offline   Florida Wedding Planner 

• Florida Wedding Planner
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 62
I agree with all of the other experts. Wearing a veil is totally optional. You can dress up your attire by wearing a tiara or other type of head piece. Good luck!
Emmanuela Stanislaus, Precious Occasions, Wedding and Event Planner

#6 User is offline   Etiquette Now 

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 10742
Let's make it unanimous! Veils are optional. I love all the alternatives mentioned. Just make your choice based on your preference and the formality of the event.
Rebecca Black, Etiquette By Rebecca

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users