Top Wedding Questions: Where Should The Wedding Take Place - Wedding Planning Advice - Top Wedding Questions

Where Should The Wedding Take Place Planning wedding in bride's hometown or where she currently lives

Array

#1 User is offline   winelover 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
My daughter just got engaged. She has been living in NC for the past 4 months but she grew up in Maryland. Her fiance grew up in NC. They are planning to get married in NC but some members of our family believe she should get married in Maryland. Should she plan the wedding for Maryland or is it ok for it to be in NC?

#2 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 8,033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
Dear Mom:

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

Back in the days when the bride's parents hosted and paid for the entire wedding, and the bride typically lived at home until the wedding, it would be planned for the bride's hometown. These days couples plan, and often pay for, their own weddings and usually host them where it is most convenient for the couple. Hopefully they also consider their guests and ability to travel, though usually they can't make it convenient for all.

It's an unfortunate blip on the radar when children must move away from their hometown for work or to be near their new spouse. I had to travel for my son's wedding and so dod his wife's parents. Luckily, it was just a 3 hour trip for each of us in different directions. I hope this works out for your family too.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, Inc®, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

Share this topic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users