Top Wedding Questions: What to wear to 3pm catholic wedding - Wedding Guest Attire Etiquette - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

What to wear to 3pm catholic wedding

Array

#1 User is offline   heatherlynn109 

• Pip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 1
I am going to a 3pm wedding next weekend (April 2nd in Charleston, SC. The invitation doesn't specify any type of attire. I bought a coral spaghetti strap dress. It is long, fitted , but not low cut. It has a bit of a sparkle but not sequins. I live the color and the style - but I wonder if it is too formal for a 3pm wedding. The recption is at a Yacht Club.

I have a short light pink dress - also with spaghetti straps - as aback up.

Please Help - ASAP!!!!

#2 User is offline   Etiquette Now 

• WEDDING ETIQUETTE EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Moderators of any forum
  • posts 10,742
Dear Please Help,

Probably the shorter dress would be best. Long is formal. Because it is a Catholic wedding, it would also be best to wear a wrap or a jacket for modesty. You can definitely lose it for the reception.

Best wishes,
Rebecca Black, Etiquette By Rebecca

#3 User is offline   Bridal Stylist 

• WEDDING HAIR & BEAUTY EXPERT
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 441
To help you make a decision on which dress is most appropriate, I would contact someone else who is going to the wedding. You can find out how formal their dress is, and go from there. If you don't know any of the other guests, I would call the Yacht Club or ask your friends/family if they know how formal the reception area is.

The safest bet is to be less formal and go with the pink dress. To dress up your outfit without looking too formal, just add accessories. Great accessories like a beaded bag, strappy shoes, and elegant jewelry are the best way to dress up your look and have appropriate attire.

Have fun,
Lori of ModelBride.com
http://www.modelbride.com

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users