Top Wedding Questions: Junior Bridesmaid Age Duty - Bridesmaids Maid of Honor Matron of Honor - Top Wedding Questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Junior Bridesmaid Age Duty

Array

#1 User is offline   Lonna 

• PipPip
  • Send message
  • Group: Registered users
  • posts 10
What is the role or duty of a Junior Bridesmaid and what is the appropriate age? My niece will be 14 when I get married and I'd like for her to have a role in the wedding since she is an important part of my life. Her 3 year old sister will be our flower girl. [crazy]

#2 User is offline   Wedding Queen and MOG 

• Forum Moderator & Wedding Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 8,033
  • Interests:Weddings, etiquette, puppies and dogs
The typical age of the junior bridesmaid is 8 - 16 but base your decision on her title by her size and maturity too. The junior bridesmaids really don't have any duties per say but, depending on their age and maturity, they can be invited to some or all of the pre-wedding parties such as showers or be asked to assist the bride with wedding preparation such as addressing the inviations. The junior bridesmaid wil usually precede the bride in the processional, carrying a flower basket.
Donna, Wedding Queen, President; Top Wedding Sites, Inc®, a wedding planning guide, and Recent Mother of the Groom -

"Write your sorrows in the sand, your blessings in stone".

#3 User is offline   Lonna 

• PipPip
  • Send message
  • posts 10
Are you saying that a JR bridesmaid is the same as a flower girl?

#4 Guest_expertplanner_*

• Group: Guest users
No, a Junior Bridesmaid is not the same as a flower girl.

The junior bridesmaid has fewer responsibilities than an adult attendant and too old to be a flower girl. She may be invited to the bridesmaids' luncheon. She also attends the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.

The flower girl, who is usually between the ages of 3 and 7, has one main role, to precede the bride down the aisle, carrying flowers or a flower basket. She usually just attends the rehearsal.

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users