Once the dress is chosen, it’s time to start thinking about the rest of the day’s ensemble. From hair accessories to your tippy toes, you’ll want pieces that accent your wedding gown in the best of ways – and that fit your vision.
A top- notch, super important piece to that bridal look are the shoes. You went them to finish off your look with ease but be comfortable enough to rock all day long. Let’s check out a bit of advice on picking the right pair of kicks and some favorite finds of ours that you can shop!
Bridal Shoes Do’s
Here’s a quick list to make wedding shoe shopping a bit easier to manage. These are the Do’s that will help you make it through!
- Pick your dress FIRST. This is an obvious bout of advice but you can’t decide on shoes if you don’t know what you’ll actually be wearing that day. Accessories and accents come after the main course, of course!
- Take a while shopping. Instead of going with your first look, it’s okay to shop around a little bit to compare prices and styles (and try them on if you can manage).
- Be informed about your venue. You won’t want to wear the pointiest-heeled pumps if you’ll be walking on grass all evening.
Bridal Shoes Don’ts
And then there are so major no-no’s when it comes to shoe shopping as well. Take this list seriously before you start looking around.
- Waiting till the last minute to shop is a bad idea. Once you pick your dress, start looking around for the right shoe or you could end up without.
- Buying online without a return option may be your worst nightmare. This is an absolute no-no. If your favorite shoe is online, then go for it. But if you can’t return it after you try it on and realize it’ll KILL your feet after standing in them all day, you’ve wasted some of your budgets on shoes you can’t use.
- Being afraid of color or prints limits your options. Don’t be scared! Rock a pair of glitter heels or red sneakers under your tulle skirt.
8 Awesome Bridal Shoes
- Steve Madden
- Think: Trendy, “Something Blue”
A classic pump that works for any time of the year – and coming in a variety of colors. This Carrson Sandal is a favorite among the brides. We especially love this shade for those that want to use it as their “something blue.”
This design is also on the comfier side since it’s a chunkier heel. And it looks great with a variety of styles – shorter, vintage dresses or longer, more modern fits will work.
- Think: Modern, Comfort
Slides and mules are super trendy right now. And the best part is that they’re incredibly comfortable too. If you’re looking for a show to match your modern style and isn’t a heel, this is the way to go.
Thankfully, a variety of designers are creating pieces that are made for bridal style. This pearl-accented pair is an easy favorite.
Converse One Star Platform Low Top
- Think: Comfort, Youthful
If you’re more of a sneaker gal, then why not rock a pair of converses on your big day? Invest in some classic, fun shoes like these One Star Platforms. They’re a bit of an upgrade (and more girly too) than the classics.
PrRetty much, they’re fit for a bride that likes the comfort and quirkiness of these kicks. They also come in silver and black!
- Think: Posh, Feminine
Maybe you’re looking to really splurge. If so, then going with Valentino is never a bad idea. And these Dollybow Pumps are absolutely stunning. Indulging in an expensive pair of heels for your wedding isn’t something to feel guilty about.
You’ll find them in a few different shades but these silver shimmers really caught our eyes and gave us major bridal feels. And just think of how adorable the photos will be in these beauties!
- Betsey Johnson
- Think: Springtime, Flirty
These Sedona sandals are just so charming, don’t you think? Easily rocked in the springtime, you’ll love the pop of color and floral surprise hiding under your skirt. They’ll be more comfortable as well because of it’s well-based heel design.
From a favorited designer, quirkier picks are always great for showing off your personality and transforming the day into something that you’ve been envisioning. These would be an extra cute option for those using daisies in the day’s decor.
Remi Chain Link Ankle Boot
- Marc Jacobs
- Think: Modern, Edgy
Booties may be right up your alley if you’re saying your “I do’s” in the fall or wintertime. Hide some extra edgy kicks under your skirt. And these ones, in particular, are a splurge too and something you’ll have in your wardrobe for years and years after the celebration.
A Marc Jacobs design, they’re amazing quality too and perfect for more modern visions. You’ll surprise the camera and your guests when flashing these stunners.
Mini Miller Flat Sandal
- Tory Burch
- Think: Classic, Chic
For those looking for an easy shoe and one to fit their summertime vision, why not go for a sandal. Look for designs that are still quality pieces and maybe even a pop of color.
That’s what you’ll get with these classics, Tory Burch sandals. The “Mini Millers” come in a variety of colors and are so comfortable! They’ll be great for your destination celebration or just to rock at the reception.
- Think: Quirky, Fun
And finally, we have these classic Vans that you may already love but may not have thought you could wear as a bride. But you can! Because, why not? They’re comfortable and will make for the most adorable of photos.
Actually, an even better idea, match up with your groom. They’re unisex shoes, affordable, and if you already have a quirkier style, these will fit right in with the wedding day.