Wedding programs are a great way to greet your guests at the ceremony. The program helps guests feel included by making sure that they can follow along with the processional as well as it gives them a keepsake they can then take home with them after the ceremony.
What Is Included On a Wedding Program
- Order of the events
- Names of Participants
- Wedding Party Names
- Memorials – It is not good etiquette to put the name of a deceased parent on the wedding invitation because someone that has passed on is not able to extend an invitation to the wedding. However, that does not mean that that person is not important. The wedding program is a great place to express your love for a loved one that has passed on.
- Brief Biographies – It is always fun to learn a little more about each member of the wedding party as well as the bride and groom. This helps guests find things in common and be more involved.
- Readings/quotations – Feel free to include the words of your readings so guests can follow along.
- Song lyrics – Adding the lyrics to your favorite song that will be sung in the program can help your guests fall in love with the song as much as you.
- Explanation of Traditions – If your guests are not familiar with some of your wedding customs, adding an explanation of each ritual can help guests to feel included.
- Gratitude: It is always appropriate to thank your family and friends for the help and love throughout the years as well as with the wedding.
- Fun Facts: Adding a little fun to the program is not prohibited. Keep your guests entertained why they wait for the processional by adding some fun facts about the bride and groom.
Now you know what is suppose to be on your wedding invitations here is how the correct format for the your information on the actual wedding program.